Enter your email below to subscibe

Tuesday, July 3, 2012

The Race Card The Joker In The Deck


     Please stay with me while I give a little background to this blog. The first paragraph below is not the blog, even though it may seem like it. It is however, a mini blog within a blog used as an intro.

     Probably missed by a lot of you during all the discussion about the ruling on the Obama Care were the votes on whether or not to hold Attorney General Eric Holder in contempt. Holder was ordered to turn over documents pertaining to the Fast and Furious blunder. He has made one excuse after another and to this day has refused to turn over many documents. You or I would have been sitting behind bars long ago. There were two votes one in the criminal case and one in the civil case. In the criminal case the vote to hold him in contempt was 255-67 with 17 democrats voting with the Republicans to hold him in contempt. In the civil case the vote was 258-95. 21 Democrats voting with the Republicans. Before the votes 85 COWARDS walked out claiming it was in protest. I happen to believe that a few started it and many joined, very happy because they would have voted against their party in favor of the contempt charges. BECAUSE THE MAN IS GUILTY. Regardless of which way they would have voted, they ran in the face of battle instead of casting a vote.

      Okay, here it comes. Many of you might not know. Because in your eyes every man is created equal regardless of skin color. Holder is the first African American Attorney General.

     So it was bound to happen the card was played, THE RACE CARD.  Representative Frederica Wilson a democrat from Florida was one. "It's about racism." she cried. NO! Rep. Wilson, regardless of his skin color, THE MAN IS GUILTY!  We the citizens of the United States of America deserve the truth!  As Representative Paul Gosar from Arizona put it. “Throughout our nation and specifically in Arizona, folks from all political parties and all races are now living in danger of grave violence due to actions of this administration, I am convinced that holding the attorney general in contempt is the only way to send a strong message to this administration and future ones that no one is above the law.”

     The race card is like the joker of the deck. Most of us remove them before starting and rules are what matters, not skin color. But there are others that like to sneak them back in the deck and when they are losing by the rules they pull the card out and scream RACISM. Many try to take people down that they disagree with and are losing the intellectual battle, by twisting and taking words out of context to make non-racist people look racist. Why do they do this? Because they know the vast majority of us are not racists and hate the act of racism. 

     Do I believe there is no racism in America today? No, I do not and it saddens me. But I will tell you what makes me madder than a fox taken prisoner in a hen house. That is when people like Frederica Wilson, Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton, just to name a few, keep it alive by pumping into the veins of racism the blood of hate. Why wouldn't they? That is how Jesse and Al make their money. Which one of you enjoys the life they live. All through the donations of suckers. They sit at home relaxing with a beverage watching TV hoping to spot something involving a "minority". Something they can twist and mold like Play-Dough into something it is not. Than they march and scream racism. They bring attention to themselves and of course more donations and paid appearances follow. Al and Jesse both call themselves Reverends. Reverends of what? I want to know. They do not teach the love that Jesus taught. The unity taught by Jesus. No! I offer to you that they are the teachers and pushers of hate, helping to keep racism alive.

     Am I against people speaking up when there is a true act of racism? No, I am not. I applaud those that truly want equality for all. I dislike those that create the illusion of racism where it does not exist. The same that ignore it if racism is reversed against the white. I support people being charged with hate crimes. But Lady Justice must be blindfolded. It must work for all in an equal manner.

     One day in Army basic training I was sitting talking with one of my army buddies. He stopped talking about whatever the subject was that we were discussing and said to me, "You know you're kind of cool. I am glad I met you here. Back where I come from, if you had shown up, you would probably been knifed just cause your white." I think both our eyes were open during that time. I think that is when it hit home to me that racism strikes from all directions and needs to be stopped from all sides. I think he realized that all whites were not evil minority hating monsters that some want them to believe. We are all human and created equal. It is what we allow to grow within us that makes us who we are.

     It is time for the hate mongering to stop. It is time to stop twisting words and ideas. It is time to stop pushing racism and begin looking together at the real issues. I am white (as you may have guessed) if I go out today and get a dark tan, does that change who I am on the inside? Nope, I will still be the same crazy Mike.

     It is time to remove once and for all the jokers from the deck. Play by the rules. If true racism occurs, lets call it for what it is and put an end to it. Let's also stop the false charges of racism that only seek to twist it in for a vote or the almighty buck.

     Please click to comment below. Also remember to like, share and subscribe to this blog. Email notifications for new blogs by me can be obtained by entering your email address above the blog. Subscribe by clicking below where is says "Subscribe to: Posts (Atom)" Why it says that, I do not know. Still trying to come up with a better way. :-) Thanks for reading this. I will leave you with these words from a great and wise man (skin color does not matter).

     I have a dream that one day this nation will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed: "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal."
Martin Luther King Jr.

No comments:

Post a Comment