Enter your email below to subscibe

Thursday, June 14, 2012

Stop Part II

I went on a site created by illegal aliens. I read all 179 comments about the Time cover. I saw a lot of hate on both sides. It saddened me, as I love all and hate none. I want to make it clear that in my little story I even stated with permission there is a welcome. I do not disagree that becoming a USA citizen is a long road. I do not say that there are not those that come here illegally that could be a great asset to USA. I say only that if they want to be here do it right. I for one would be glad to welcome them with open arms. You can't jump on a site and pretty much say you are at war with anyone here legally and expect to be welcome. You can't say you love USA but hate everything about it. You can't bring up things that happened over 200 years ago. This is 2012 and these are the laws now. Yes most of my ancestors were immigrants. They came here legally. I am proud of them as I am proud of each and every one of the ones I hear about becoming USA citizens. I have a problem with breaking the laws we have in place. Some laws I do not agree with but they are the laws and if not followed those that break them should suffer the consequences. As the woman that recently robbed a bank to pay her past due electric bill so her electricity would not be turned off leaving her young children in the dark with no way to cook or keep food from rotting. Now if sent to jail we would be breaking up a family... hmmm using the arguments commonly used by those supporting illegal aliens, shouldn't we let her off the hook. After all she was just trying to get a better life for her family.

No comments:

Post a Comment