Enter your email below to subscibe

Saturday, June 16, 2012

Uuum What Just Happened

     Well there you have it dreams do come true. Welcome to the thousands of young people that can now begin working here legally. It is great to have those of you that love this country and want to live here legally. I support you and do hope that now it will be one of your goals to become true citizens of the USA. I pray that it will become a goal of yours also to assist your parents in becoming citizens. I have always said that if you were here legally I would welcome you and I truly do. I understand that in a lot of cases you were brought in by parents or others and really had no choice and this is the country you have grown to know and love. In many cases you have fought for this country risked your lives. Theses are the ones I welcome. You worked hard for this moment. Some of the tactics that were used by some of you I did not agree with. Some of the hate talk that I read while researching your thoughts and struggles saddened me. I truly believe that most of you were not a part of the negative approaches but worked hard in good ways to achieve a dream. Something worked and now you should be proud.

     Having said this and truly meaning it I now have a few words for our dictator. Shame on you Obama! Even good things should be done the right way. Whether we agree with enacted policies or not there are ways set in place to do things. Election year shenanigans is not the way. The Dream Act has support on both sides of the aisle and I have no doubt will be passed in the future offering permanent answers for these young people. Right now in order to grandstand and try to make yourself look like the only one that cares, and what appears to be an action taken to undermine our court system, you have offered them only a temporary fix. Even most of those that are happy to get what you have given are smart enough to recognize the underhanded way in which you acted. You will gain some votes in the areas that you hoped, but you have also lost votes by those worried about what you will sign next. I like the opportunity given to these young people. I am not sure I agree with the age of 30, but than again I am also not sure where I would have drawn the line. But I very much disagree with your tactics and yes I am one worried about what is next if you should win reelection.



     Lastly, I would like to address those of you that have reservations about so many suddenly here to work legally with so much unemployment already hitting us, and other problems this could cause.  First I have listened to many of these young people and many are very good and will contribute to our great country. Many are very bright individuals and are already in place to contribute greatly. They have a desire to contribute to the country they know and love but have not been given the chance. Some as stated above have even risked their lives for this country. Join me in congratulating them in being given this chance. Yes, there are going to be some bad apples that slip through the cracks and those that cheat the system (we have them). Those I will continue to not support, those are still illegal aliens. But these young people are now here legally and deserve to be given a chance. We are still the same United States of America citizens that over and over again in our history have benefited greatly by immigrants, we were built on it. We are the same United States of America citizens that have survived when we could not. You don't have to agree with the way this was implemented (I do not) but, this is the way it is. Let,s join forces with them to keep USA great.

No comments:

Post a Comment